In recent times, men and women have been using Botox procedure to reduce or prevent wrinkles forming. Research carried out a year ago shows 74% of people who use Botox have had a reduction in the appearance of their wrinkles and were satisfied with the results.
Botox has become popular because of its favourable results and minimal side effects. The treatment has now become a viable solution to preventing wrinkles that are starting to appear or reduce the appearance of existing ones. But before you get consider Botox injections, it is important you familiarize yourself with the advantages and disadvantages of using Botox to prevent wrinkles.
Advantages of Using Botox
- Botox is temporary. After getting your first shots around your eyes or forehead or any place that you want to clear wrinkles, if you do not like it, you can stop the treatment.
- Compared to plastic surgeries that may be permanent, Botox does not alter your skin, and it can go back to its original shape after some time.
- Instant results. It may be hours or days, but you will get to see how your wrinkles have cleared after using Botox if the treatment is being carried out correctly.
- Other than clearing wrinkles on the forehead, Botox treatment also reduces other troublesome facial lines.
- The Botox procedure takes a short amount of time. You can have your Botox treatment over your lunch break since it takes 5-10 minutes and get back to work as usual.
Botox treatment has its risks too. For example, pregnant women should not take the treatment whatsoever as the drug administered is not safe for the unborn baby.
Disadvantages of Using Botox
- Botox offers temporary solutions. Regular Botox injections are required to maintain the results over time.
- Some patients may have a reaction to the Botox treatment especially if they are using antibiotics. Though some reactions are minor, some allergic reactions may become severe.
- Using Botox to prevent wrinkles is addictive. Once you start getting shots of Botox regularly, it becomes difficult to stop.
- Botox treatment can be expensive. The regular top ups required every few months may be prohibitively expensive for some people.
Using Botox to prevent wrinkles may be the best options instead of undergoing surgery which is more expensive. If you are looking to reduce the appearance of wrinkles on your face, consider Botox as the best solution. The side effects are minimal, and those that are severe are quickly treated. Remember always to visit a doctor who has experience in Botox treatment to avoid permanent damage to your face.